Taking the Time

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The boys and their pet


Okay, this definitely brought back great memories of growing up with our tortises. I took the kids to the Reptile Zoo here and they really enjoyed it. We especially liked hanging out with the huge tortises outside while they were cruising around looking for food. The kids couldn't resist feeding them the grass, even though the sign said to not feed them. It was even hard for me to keep them from doing it since I loved feeding our guys so much and kept telling them stories about it. Anyway, now they won't stop asking for a pet tortise...they are also trying to get a snake in the house but there is no way that is going to happen with their dad being afraid of snakes. shhhh....don't tell him I said that. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep good ol Ike and Mamie. That's cool that there is a reptile zoo. You definately did yourself in by taking them to a reptile zoo since they already want a snake haha. I don't think seeing Rosie and watching her eat helped either.

I love how you tried to style the boys hair. Every time I tried to style it too it would just lay down and I would get all frustrated while they're hair was caked with gel. Hmph maybe they should grow it long?

We're excited to see you guys and hang out in a couple of weeks!!!

Annette said...

Holy smokes! I thought this was taken in your backyard! That's one big tortoise! Your family is so adorable, Kristy. I bet you have a hard time saying no. 8)