Taking the Time

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

YUM YUM YUM


Okay...here is a recipe that i couldn't resist posting. no one in my household could truly appreciate it. i kept telling vaughn...they only took 5 minutes to cook....only 5 minutes. he kept looking at me like, yeah, isn't that normal? ugh! anyway, they were sooo quick and quite good. vaughn said they were too sweet for him, as he crawled across the floor toward the pantry reaching for anything with a high salt content...all the better for me i guess. anyway, enjoy. anything to make things easier for all us moms, especially us moms with a sweet tooth or that need to produce a quick dessert for some reason. :)


MAGIC BROWNIES

½ C. (1 stick) butter
4 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened baking chocolate
2 large eggs
1 C. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
½ C. flour
½ C. chopped nuts of choice (optional)
Cooking oil spray
½ C. semisweet chocolate chips


Combine the butter and chocolate squares in a 2 cup glass measure and microwave, uncovered, on high, until the butter is almost completely melted, about 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a 2 quart or larger bowl with a wisk until foamy. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla and salt.

Stir the chocolate and butter mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is blended, then add it to the egg mixture and stir well to blend. Stir in the flour and then the nuts (if using). Spray an 8-inch square or 9-inch round microwave safe baking dish with cooking oil spray and pour in the batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips evenly on top.

Microwave, uncovered, on high, until the batter is just set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 4 ½ to 5 minutes, rotating the dish a quarter turn after ever 60 seconds. Do not overbake. Cook until barely warm and serve. (they continue to cook as they cool.)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Looks pretty dangerous. I am nervous to try them because if I end up liking them then I will just make them all the time. It looks like I would have all the ingredients on hand at any time and they seem so quick and easy. Hmm, bad combination. I think I will try them with a scoop of ice cream on top to add to the calorie count. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Holly said...

hey liz, why don't you also make the hot fudge you love so much?

i have to say that i'm glad i do NOT have all the ingredients on hand for this recipe. i can't be trusted to keep chocolate chips in the house anymore. i just make choc. chip cookies, or just eat the chips and either way, it's dangerous!!

jane Cobber said...

looks yummy...I also cannot have anything remotely close to me in the house that is so dangerous. I will have a party of one and eat it all. I will definately keep this for those times I need to bring a sweet somewhere else.

Joe said...

Holly, don't put it past her! :)

With Liz's intense addiction to chocolate I have no doubt that she will make these brownies AND make her homemade hot fudge to pour all over it. She will then eat it with a glass of chocolate milk.

heidster said...

I just printed it off - if I look a little pudgy tomorrow, you'll know why. Hey, please tell me the arizona house is an investment!!